Monday, November 17, 2014

Lights and Fires and Wales, oh my!

It has been a crazy week or two! The Oxford Street Christmas lights 'switch on' ceremony, bonfire night, and a long weekend in Wales, not to mention a day trip to Oxford and Warwick Castle. Lets start at the beginning....

The lighting ceremony was a bust. I don't know if the whole thing was just set up poorly or what, but it was just a crowd of people being herded around in circles by the police, and overall just not what I remember from last time. Oh well. Here is at least one good picture that I didn't even take lol.







It was bonfire night on the 5th, as you may remember from around this time 4 years ago. Or not, in which case all you need to know is- fires, fireworks, and Guy Fawkes. No pictures, unfortunately... it was pouring rain that night and I had a workshop to be at. Lame.

On to Oxford! Beautiful city, epitome of a college town. Lots of history and amazing buildings. The castle was a castle... I'm sure they all have fantastic history and information but I've come to the conclusion that if you've seen one or two, you've seen just about all of them. There are a few specific castles I'd still like to see, but otherwise they are no longer on my list of things to do :)




And Wales... Somehow I didn't make it to Wales last time I was on this side of the pond. I spent 3 days in Cardiff, walking around and taking in the sites. Overall it was very similar to England, but Cardiff bay was beautiful and it was nice to get out of the student halls for a few days.


 
Until next time, Happy thanksgiving in advanced to everyone back home! Love you and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment