Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Break Part 1; The Layover- Istanbul, Turkey



 So I clearly still haven't figured out how to format pictures on this silly thing, but aside from that...





I had a 20 hour layover in Istanbul on my way to Muscat. The first half of that was overnight, which was awful as I am not able to sleep upright, surrounded by loud and annoying travelers. The second half of it however, was amazing!




Apparently some cities have free tours when you are stuck there on a long layover! Lucky for me, Istanbul is one of these places. It is a beautiful city, with lots to see and do.





Unfortunately by the end of this adventure I was running on about zero hours of sleep in two days so the details might be a bit blurry... But the food was delicious and the people were friendly.





I plan to go back someday, and for more than just a layover. I'm guessing I will enjoy it even more in a non-comatose state :)
Pictured: Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar/ Egyptian Spice Market, city of Istanbul
 

 
 
More pictures soon to come of Muscat! 
 
 Happy holidays everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment